-->

Saturday 5 May 2012

Choc chip cookies!

I hope everyone enjoyed International Star Wars Day :)

My hubby and I celebrated with these super tasty, ugly as sin choc chip cookies:



Awww yeah.


Wanna make them? Yeah, you do. So here's how:

You will need...
150g softened butter (remember - say NO to palm oil!)
1/2 cup compacted brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
A smidgen of vanilla essence 
1 egg
1 1/2 cups plain flour
250g packet of Cadbury choc chips 
(I use Cadbury because I know they only use sustainable cocoa. Did you know 43% of cocoa is farmed via child slavery on the Ivory Coast? Yeah, seriously. Messed. Up.)

Mix butter, sugars and vanilla essence together until creamy. Get out a great big spoon and scoop up some of the mixture to taste. This is important, you MUST taste your food. And then you should taste it again. And maybe one more time. There is NOTHING tastier than this mix. SERIOUSLY.

Taste one more time.

Add egg and stir in.

Bung in flour and choc chips and stir until combined.

Taste again. You can even use the choc chips as makeshift spoons to scoop up the mix. Just sayin.

Stick in the oven at 180°c for around 15 minutes.

Eat straight from the oven. Trust me, you won't care that you'll burn your fingers. Nothing beats these cookies hot from the oven.

Speaking of which, I actually have a batch baking now. I'd better go check on that...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...