-->

Saturday 28 April 2012

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!


Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!

If nautical nonsense - ahh, you know the rest.

So here be my first attempt at a Spongebob cake. I thought I'd talk like a pirate, what seeing as Spongebob lives in the ocean. Arrrggghhh.

Aaaand back to reality. Or as close to reality as I get. I can't really give any kind of tutorial with this one, I'm afraid, as I really just copied off a Spongebob pic I found off the net. BUT I also made this handy grid that you can print out to use as a guide:


Pretty neat, huh? 

As usual, I used a basic cake recipe, covered it in buttercream icing, then set to work with my fondant (and as usual, I used Orchard's ready made). I made his pupils and eyelashes out of flattened licorice I found lying around in the kitchen cupboard. Hmmm... I hope that's still ok to eat...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...