-->

Friday 27 July 2012

Cosplay! Cosplay! Cosplay!

... Cosplay!

Did I mention cosplay...?

Sorry, I've been playing way too much Zoo Tycoon 2 and I think my brain may be melting...

Anyhoo, I've been having an awesomely lazy couple of days, which for me means eating cookies, watching Criminal Minds, playing Zoo Tycoon 2, and looking for awesome cosplay ideas on the interwebs.

My husband and I have definitely decided that our next holiday destination will be San Diego Comic Con :)

Awww yeaaah.

Ok, so we may not actually be able to go for quite some time (I'm talking YEARS and YEARS), but that doesn't mean I can't start my research for awesome costume designs now, right? Right?!

I've been seriously thinking about us going as Stu and Didi from Rugrats... 


I don't know who these people are, but they are now my heroes.

I also couldn't help noticing they're wearing wigs... My plan was for Rob and I to grow our hair out, hairspray the crap out of it, and cover ourselves in those spray-on hair colour thingies.

Flawless logic, no?

I've also considered Mr. and Mrs. Incredible...


I'm so in love with The Incredibles, and I'm currently rocking Helen Parr hair... Ok, so in many years time I'm probably just as likely to have hair down to my hips or have shaved my head again as I am to still be rocking the Helen Parr look, and my husband definitely has much more of a Frozone physique over a Mr. Incredible one, but still...

Rob and I are also pretty obsessed with Always Sunny, but couldn't think how the hell to dress up in anything recognisable from the show (apart from Green Man, of course), until we remembered this:


Dennis and Dee as their serial killer costumes in Mac is a Serial Killer.

So simple! So random! So, so awesome. 

However, the costumes I think we're probably most naturally suited to aren't really costumes at all...


Oh, Flight of the Conchords, how I love you.

And oh Bret, how you are so definitely my husband's long lost brother...

See, here's some super sexy shots my husband posed for at Melbourne Zoo (please keep in mind he's a working man now, so his usual Bret McKenzie-esque hair is shorter than usual...)


I joke about it, but in all seriousness Rob's Dad did live in New Zealand for quite awhile before immigrating to Australia. Coincidence? Definitely yes. But I can dream. And cause scandal amongst the family. Bwahaha!

But Bret and Coco? What a super easy - and super effective - costume for Comic Con! We get my hubby a jumper (and boom, the illusion is complete! Comic Con goers, meet Bret McKenzie) and we hold a couple of hand-made signs. Done and done.

While these costumes will be literally years in the making, I'm having almost too much fun thinking about all the awesome characters we could go as. It's the perfect activity for a lazy Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...